Πέμπτη 4 Ιουλίου 2013

Day 3: Find A Mentor

Continuing on the tasks that are suggested on the "30 days to a better man" series, i've come up to day 3. Day 3 actually was yesterday, but it was a nice task that actually takes up a lot of those 24 hours. I didn't have much time yesterday, but i did read the article, I read other articles too, and decided on my way to go.
But, why blab so much without even introducing the task? The day 3 task, is to Find a Mentor! And this is actually a task I like! Reading just the title, before I got into reading the article, I though it would be a difficult task... Find somebody, ask them to be a mentor... Way out of my comfort zone, not beeing very much of a social person... But while reading the article, I realized I already have had a few mentors in my life! There are two that I could really point out, one of them mentoring me over both professional and personal, a close relationship which i have gotten the world from! With the other one the relationship might sound funny, but it is only, and only, over the internet! This guy has taught me a lot, but not as a teacher! He is a guy in the age of my father, who stepped in where my father did not have the knowledge and became my mentor over my perception of the world. What i have learned from those two guys adds toghther, they both complement each others work and I'm very happy to have those two in my life!
Off course, I wouldn't sit and do nothing beacuse I already have to real men opening my mind and pouring knowledge and values in it! I decided to step it up a noch! Both my grandfathers are passioned about their hobby, and I've grown to like their hobby.  In addition to that, my fathers father has always been there for me, he has helped me like nobody else and I have always loved him like nobody else! But my studies have made me move far from him and I don't see him much, or even talk to him much. With my other grandfather on the other hand, we have had minimal relationship in quite some years. It's complicated, but there is nothing bad in-between us, and we were both happy to see each other a few months ago, for the first time in maybe a decade.
So, I've decided to not only follow what task 3 says, but also add to it! I'll ask my two grandfathers to guide my through their hobbies and a mans life, cathing more time with them, building a better realationship, and making everyone feel better i believe! They are very different men in everyway, but still they have things in comon! And I've always been the one in the midle, i like both sides of the coin and i'm lost in what i actually am. So this will be a chance to get intoduced to both sides in a better depth and see who i really am!

I haven't made contact yet though, but i got 5 hours before the 24 hours end, while i have already started working on day 4.  I will though, i've decided to write a letter for my mothers father, he will value a hand-writen letter much more than e-mail i suppose,  and to simply call my fathers father. So right after this post is ready, i have to make a call and write a letter. Lets go get it done!

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου