Δευτέρα 1 Ιουλίου 2013

"30 days to a better man", revised

A few years ago, Art Of Manliness put out a series of posts with tasks a man should undergo under a months time, in order to become a better man. I tried to follow that about a year ago, but failed hard to keep the schedule. Today I happened to come across that same website and readed over a few of those posts again. I started thinking about it. But, for me right now the goal isn't to become a better man, but to explore what kind of a man I am. If I don't know where I am, I can't get to a better place! So, i decided to go for in, but with a sligthly different aproach.

So, for the first day, and that is July 1st 2013 for me, Brett suggests that we define our core values. That sound like a good start! But I can't really define values... As far as I know myself, i'll tell you patience is very important but at the same time i'm not patient when it really is needed.
So, I decided to take another way around! I defined some values I see as important, but i might not be very devoted to them. It'll be nice to see if I actually value them enough or if I can't keep my values.

The list I ended up with sounds reasonable i think. So, here it comes:
1)Self Awareness (thats my goal after all)
2)Personal Progress
3)Patience/persistence
4)Effectiveness
5)Indipendence

Now I need to start with sticking with number 3. I got to be patient and do one day at a time, and also be persistence and finish of the hole month. Otherwise there won't be any personal progress, I won't have been effective and I won't achive any self awareness... And without self awareness, I can't be truly indipendent!
So, todays moral? All hang together! I screw up on of the 5 values, I loose all of them!

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου